![]() |
| The Ridge, Mall Shimla. |
“One could not count the moons that shimmer on her roofs,
Or the thousand splendid suns that hide behind her walls.”
― Khaled Hosseini, A Thousand Splendid Suns
My hometown, a quaint city in the lap of the mighty Himalayas ,and the state capital - has always mesmerised me. I can never get enough of the hills and valleys, of the trees and the architecture, of the cuisine and the people. Each time I come back home, even if I have been only gone for a day, it is as if I am visiting it for the first time. Having been the Summer capital for India under the British rule -Shimla is an exquisite display of culture and history.
By means of this blog, I would also like to bring your attention to the following.
The old charm of the city still remains intact but the city has inevitably succumbed to pollution and commercialisation. I am appalled each time I see litter on the roads, or people disturbing the calm and serenity of public spaces.
The damage to local flora and fauna is also a cause of concern.
From irresponsible parking, to reckless wastage of water - all such activities, by residents as well as tourists are causing wide-scale problems.
Each city has a soul - it has shaped countless lives, made countless stories,.
Let us not destroy the soul.
Let us all preserve the glory of the places we reside in and the places we visit.


Now that is beautifully structured into a great prologue for a blog I really can't wait to read. Awesome Shradha☺.
ReplyDelete